Some unpopular opinions I hold (Subject to change, of course) -Tech Corporate world
- Presentations are mostly useless. They waste time, encourage intellectual laziness, are manipulative by nature, and lead to bad decisions.
- Open offices are bad for both productivity and collaboration. They mostly increase distractions., and any gains in collaboration are small in comparison to the losses of productivity.
- Almost every tech worker who can work from home will benefit from doing it once in a while. There is no one who works best ONLY in office. Companies should actually force employees to work from home once a while, this forces them to create a good “working corner” at home, and can actually be better for their mental health.
- Forcing an early start time for your company is bad for business. If you treat your company like a school, you will get school children to work for you.
- Culture is almost always top down. Bottoms up is only feedback and can do very little to actually move the needle.